Acknowledgements and awards
In the Corporate Group, we strive every day to carry out our operations under the strictest parameters of quality, environmental management, social support and respect for natural resources. The acknowledgements that we have received from different institutions in Colombia attest to this.
2015 IBERO-AMERICAN QUALITY AWARD
FUNDACIÓN SIEMBRA COLOMBIA AWARDS
2014 ANDESCO CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AWARD
2013 NATIONAL AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE AND INNOVATION IN MANAGEMENT
2013 ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY AWARD
2013 SUSTAINABLE MANAGEMENT AWARD
2012 COLOMBIAN AWARD FOR MANAGEMENT QUALITY
- The Colombian President’s Office, leading the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism, awarded MINEROS S.A. with this acknowledgement for the quality of all its processes, in operations as well as social and environmental responsibility.
2012 CORPORATE TRANSPARENCY AWARD
- The Medellín City Hall and the Departmental Government of Antioquia awarded MINEROS S.A. with their Corporate Transparency Award in the Corporate Social Responsibility category.
2012 BRITCHAM LAZOS AWARD
- Through its Corporate Social Responsibility “Britcham Lazos” program, the British and Colombian Chamber of Commerce gave MINEROS S.A. the Best Initiative in Environmental Practices award as acknowledgement of the Company’s environmental actions and strategies to benefit communities in its area of influence.
2011 ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY AWARD
- Fundación Siembra Colombia gave MINEROS S.A. the Silver 2011 Award for Environmental Responsibility in Research and Projects, for its “Agroforestry Land: Seeds of Local Development in the Municipalities of El Bagre and Zaragoza, Antioquia” program. This idea has become a model for agricultural development throughout Colombia thanks to the excellent results achieved since the start of its implementation.
2011 RESPONSIBLE MINING AWARD, DEPARTMENTAL GOVERNMENT OF ANTIOQUIA
- The Secretary of Mines of the Departmental Government of Antioquia and Corporación Calidad gave MINEROS S.A. this award for its high performance in its daily operations and management, as well as its responsible mining processes. The award used a global approach that assessed the ethical, environmental, community and labor aspects promoted by the Company.
2010 ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY AWARD
- Fundación Siembra Colombia and the British Embassy gave MINEROS S.A. the 2010 Environmental Responsibility Award in the Environmental Recovery Responsibility, category, for the “MINEROS S.A., a Model of Social Responsibility in Mining with Emphasis on Environmental Recovery and Offsetting” project.
CORANTIOQUIA 2010 VIDA AWARD
- CORANTIOQUIA granted the 2010 Vida Award for the Company’s work to improve the quality of life of the communities where it carries out gold exploration and mining activities.
BEST IN AGRICULTURE AWARD
- Acknowledgement of MINEROS S.A. as part of the EXPOFINCA 2010 Fair, for the “Environmental Business and Rubber Plantations” program.
- MINEROS S.A. received the Olami Ecology and Environment “Gildo Sá de Albuquerque” award in the medium and small-scale mining category for its “Social Responsibility, a Commitment to Local Development” program.
- In July 2006, the judges of the Codesarrollo award on self-management praised MINEROS S.A. for its implementation of environmental and social programs aimed at environmental recovery of the land and improvement of the economic conditions and quality of life of its employees and communities in its area of influence.
2005 VIDA AWARD
- On November 29, 2005, nominated by Sintramineros, the Company received the Vida Award in the Business category for its environmental management project: “Proposals and Results of a Commitment.”
- Castolin Eutectic of Lausanne, Switzerland, gave Mineros de Antioquia the international 1991 Conservationist of the Year Award for its technological development and protection of the environment.